NFC/SE Quality Engineer
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: Sep 28, 2020
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200195534
Join our Wireless Technologies and Ecosystems (WTE) organization and drive innovation that matters! We build and seamlessly integrate technologies that enrich people's lives and deliver the best user-experience. The WTE Quality team is looking for motivated, highly technical Wireless QA Engineer with excellent problem solving, communication and automation skills. You will join the Quality Assurance team responsible for the functional validation of NFC and Secure Element Operating Systems supporting Apple Pay use cases. Are you deeply accountable for your work? Your real passion for product ownership and track record of product development will prove critical to your success on our team.
- Prior work experience on embedded devices.
- Prior work experience in wireless technologies. Knowledge of NFC and/or Secure Element OS will be a plus.
- Prior scripting experience in Python to write automated tests. Experience in Java and Obj C will be a plus.
- Robust knowledge in Global Platform, JavaCard, and ISO7816.
- You are constantly second guessing processes and looking for new ways to innovate.
- Ability to interpret specifications to write new test plans.
- Ability to drive deliverables to completion by working with cross functional teams.
- Experience prioritizing multiple projects at the same time.
- Experience with SQA methodologies and filing detailed bug reports
- Firm understanding of Git and the Software Development Process
- In-depth understanding of OS X, Windows and/or Unix
- Experience working on new products and seeing them through to fruition
You will join a team with dynamic strengths responsible for qualifying the Secure Element and NFC chipsets integrated into Apple devices that support Apple Pay use cases. As a part of this team, you will leverage your existing skills to push forward quality at the embedded layer of Apple Pay. You will integrate closely with 3rd party vendors, the development team, and other multi-functional organizations to deliver a robust and fully qualified software solution. You will work directly on new chipsets, new software, and new and exciting features. You will be responsible for building new test plans side-by-side with developers and architects. You will also be responsible for designing, crafting, automating and integrating this test plan into a continuous integration environment. Additionally, you will leverage robotics, break code, and improve the overall quality of iOS for our customers. The ideal candidate for this position is flexible, outgoing, and ready to make an immediate impact on the team with new insights and a fresh perspective on QA processes, automation and execution. You will tap into your expertise to bring up new and exciting platforms, provide invaluable feedback, and make contributions to push our use cases and work you're doing to the next level. You will be pursuing a multi-functional role talking to many different teams within WTE and SWE to further improve the quality of our products, and keep a mindful eye on how we can make them even greater.
Education & Experience
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent experience required.
Back to top