NFC Platform Architect - Platform Architecture
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: May 22, 2020
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200114633
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish! The people who work here have reinvented entire industries with all Apple Hardware products. The same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices strengthening our dedication to leave the world better than we found it. Join us to help deliver the next groundbreaking Apple product. Do you love working on challenges that no one has solved yet? As a member of our multifaceted group, you will have the unique and phenomenal opportunity to craft upcoming products that will delight and inspire millions of Apple's customers every single day. In this role you will be a key member of the Wireless Hardware Architecture team for NFC technologies supporting programs across all of our mobile platforms. This includes defining product-level and PCB-level Hardware architecture, specifying performance and functional requirements, providing technical leadership to chipset vendors, and giving architectural direction to cross-functional teams throughout the product development cycle.
- 8+ years of wireless and/or analog experience in mobile applications
- Wireless system integration experience including data communication interfaces, power architecture, radio coexistence, processing/memory requirements, etc. are highly desirable.
- Familiarity with RF or analog IC design and development process is desirable, but not required.
- 2+ years of NFC design or system level experience including tag, P2P, and reader modes of operation, preferably on mobile platforms is desirable, but not required.
- Familiarity with all major NFC standards and protocols including ISO14443A/B, ISO15693, ISO18092, FeliCa, and NFC Forum is desirable, but not required.
- Ability to successfully lead cross-functional teams and drive external chip partners.
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
- Ability to develop detailed system architecture and design documentation.
Define and document application-level NFC & Secure Element (SE) Hardware architectures and feature-sets, as well as performance requirements of NFC & SE silicon. Analyze system performance, including power consumption, radio coexistence, and impact of antenna characteristics and associated matching networks on RF performance requirements of chipset. Optimize overall RF system performance via internal technology development and external vendor chipset RF architectures. Collaborate with EE/RF/Antenna Hardware teams to transition the architecture & IC vendor deliveries into successful hardware designs. Collaborate with Software teams to specify NFC and SE Hardware & Architecture aligning with application requirements.
Education & Experience
MS in EE is required; MS/PhD is preferred
Back to top