Motor Controls Engineer
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: Feb 19, 2021
Role Number: 200187608
The Special Projects Team (SPG) is seeking motor controls engineers to work on a module level motor controls system development including design, test, and integration. The candidate will be responsible for designing various control algorithms, testing designed algorithms at various test platforms to verify and validate the functionalities and performances.
- Strong knowledge and skills in areas required for motor controls systems development - motors, motor controls theory, power electronics, etc
- 5+ years of industry experience in developing motor controls systems and products
- Hands-on experience in using simulation tools - MATLAB/Simulink, PLECS, PSIM, etc.
- Ability to understand the software architecture and codes implemented in C
- Knowledge and experience in failure (fault) analysis methodologies - FMEA, FTA, etc
- Knowledge and experience in embedded system designs including micro-processor, micro-controller, DSP and basic electric circuits is a plus.
- Knowledge and classic and advanced control theories and applications is a plus.
- Experience in using hardware-in-the-loop simulation (HILS) systems is a plus.
- Knowledge and experience in test automation using third party tools (e.g. NI LabView) and in simulation and implementation tools and languages - C++, Python, ANSYS, JMAG, etc.
Participate in system engineering activities from the controls perspective. Develop motor controls algorithms for various applications by designing algorithms and verifying functionalities and performances in laboratory set-ups and in field environments. Work with the software engineering team to implement the motor control algorithms in the embedded systems Work with the hardware engineering team to improve and to optimize the design, and to verify the hardware functionalities Document the algorithm description, test procedure and results Generate simulation models and/or improve the existing simulation models to be used in the integrated simulation environments Generate the test cases and test procedures appropriate to the individual system Calibrate the controls and diagnostics algorithms to improve the performance and to meet the requirements Work with hardware, software, control algorithm engineers to identify root cause(s) and to troubleshoot the field issues Work with the test facility team to set up the test benches Document the work products - algorithm design, test procedures, cases and results, calibration procedure and results.
Education & Experience
Minimum MS in EE/ME focusing on motor controls and/or power electronics PhD in EE/ME focusing on motor controls preferred
Back to top