Posted: Jun 3, 2021
Role Number: 200193872
The inertial sensor team develops and integrates inertial sensors across a variety of programs including iPhone, iPad, Watch and AirPods. You will play a key role in engaging with internal customers to specify, develop and characterize inertial sensing systems for autonomous technologies. Familiarity with sensor integration such as system design, performance metrics, sensor usage, and test/validation is a plus. Engineering excellence and thoroughness are expected and encouraged. Invention and patent creation are expected and supported. Pushing the envelope to design and ship innovative products with best-in-class technologies and user experiences is the main goal of this sensing technology team at Apple.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience and proven track record in hardware development.
- Experience in architecture, design, characterization, and validation of product systems.
- Proficient in the theory of operation, signal processing, fabrication, packaging and design trade-offs.
- Fundamental knowledge and experience in physics, mechanical, electrical, and material science engineering, and manufacturing technology relevant for sensor fabrication.
- Expertise in simulation, data collection, data analysis, and statistical analysis tools (Matlab, JMP).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and solid teamwork and leadership skills.
- Willingness and ability to travel are required.
You will be responsible for defining inertial sensor test specifications and validation requirements as well as reviewing and approving verification results. This work leverages your ability to identify, create, and document new sensing system metrics that deliver performance pertinent to user experience. Scope new sensing technologies and proof-of-concept investigations. Interact with internal customers and partners to drive system designs to enable new user experiences. Diagnose engineering issues with scientific method driving to definitive root cause. Prepare and deliver presentations to clearly communicate technical status, risks and mitigation strategies for sensor projects.
Education & Experience
PhD degree in engineering plus 3 years of relevant industry experience, or Bachelor/MS degree in engineering with a minimum of 5 years of relevant industry experience.