Posted: Oct 28, 2020
Role Number: 200202023
Would you like to part of Apple's fast-growing mmWave and cellular wireless design team? We are responsible for all aspects of mmWave/cellular silicon development with an emphasis on highly integrated and efficient designs and technologies that transform the user experience at the product level!
- We would like you to have 15+ years of experience with mmWave, RF, and analog integrated circuit design, and 5+ years of management experience. Additional qualifications include:
- Deep understanding of system specifications and the ability to work with system architects to translate system requirements into circuit requirements at an IC level.
- Familiarity with various RF transceiver architectures and their trade-offs.
- Extensive experience in simulation and design of lumped and distributed passive structures, such CPW lines, coupled lines, inductors, and capacitors.
- Proven experience in analysis, design, and implementation of mmWave low-noise, broadband, and/or high-power amplifiers, as well as mixers and oscillators.
- Understanding of mmWave device modeling; insights into packaging effects, integrated antenna arrays, supply isolations, high-frequency ESD structures, and circuit layout for optimum performance.
As a mmWave Lead/Manager, responsibilities include: Lead design of transceiver blocks. Optimize circuit topologies and radio architecture to drive key radio performance indicators and power/area to meet product requirements. Work with multi-functional teams including platform architecture, wireless design, SW to define radio features enabling wireless innovation. Work with the technology team on process selection for the target device. Partnering with SoC integration teams to integrate radio transceiver and mixed-signal IPs into wireless SoC. Drive and enhance RFIC design methodology (system-level mixed-signal verification, RF chip/package/board de-sense) to achieve first-pass silicon success. Work with product/test engineering teams to implement low-cost RF ATE.
Education & Experience
BSEE is required. MSEE/PhD is preferred.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics.
- Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Apple is a drug-free workplace.