ML Research Intern
- Seattle, WA
Posted: Jun 28, 2019
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200074277
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, extraordinary ideas have a way of becoming quality products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Apple's machine learning team is looking for highly motivated computer science students to help transform intelligent user experiences. We are a close-knit team of deeply technical research scientists and machine learning engineers working on delivering groundbreaking technologies that impact millions of users. As a member of this team, you will use your practical knowledge and experience with computer vision, machine learning, and artificial intelligence to tackle significant technical problems, and collaborate with the most innovative product development teams in the world. You will have the opportunity to transfer your ideas into solutions for some of the most challenging technical problems in the next generation of Apple products.
- Experience with advanced algorithms and data structures
- Experience (via classroom or projects) in machine learning techniques and frameworks
- Strong C++ and Python development skills
- Creative, collaborative, and passionate about building extraordinary products
- Ability to learn quickly and contribute in a fast-paced environment
- Relevant prior experience in industry, coursework, and/or academic research labs in at least one area of computer vision, machine learning, and computer graphics (e.g., deep convolutional neural networks, object detection, tracking, segmentation, AR/VR, image and video processing, generative models, NLP, 3D geometry, SLAM, multi-view geometry, simulation, graphics rendering)
- Proven grasp of deep learning algorithms and workflows, in particular with large scale data
- Publications at conferences (NIPS, CVPR, ICML, ICCV, SIGGRAPH etc.) are a big plus
You will: Be an essential part of a team of engineers and scientists who are designing, building, and supporting new, machine learning systems and intelligent user experiences. Help with launching innovative solutions for challenging problems that will affect future Apple Products. Have strong programming skills and ability to quickly prototype ideas, evaluate results, and collaborate to deliver completed solutions. You are hands-on, eager, curious and never satisfied with the status quo. The ideal candidate will love learning and being challenged.
Education & Experience
Enrolled in an BS, MS or PhD program in computer science, machine learning, deep learning, computer vision or relevant engineering degree. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Back to top