Medical Devices Systems Engineer
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: Dec 4, 2020
Role Number: 200174973
The Health Experiences Team develops user-facing applications that run on both phone and watch for health topics and conditions that require FDA approvals and adherence to ISO regulations. Come work on life-changing features like ECG, Irregular Rhythm Notifications, and other safety-critical consumer software. As a systems engineer, you will have the opportunity to work with regulatory, clinical, and engineering teams to innovate in the healthcare space in ways that only Apple can. This position requires a self-motivated engineer with strong technical and communication skills to handle responsibilities such as:
- Supporting design and architecture of health regulatory and sensor software apps
- Collaborating and negotiating with multi-functional partners to translate innovative product requirements to users requirements and engineering design
- Prioritizing and tracking anomalies to ensure to monitor our very high-quality bar for our users
- Implementing innovative workflows and tools to boost process efficiency
- Developing, managing, and maintaining design history files and related deliverables
- Managing and communicating field issues, prevalence information, and resolutions to the broader teams
In this role, your goal is to enable Apple to ship life-saving, guardian products. In this highly collaborative role, you will work with Engineering, Quality, Clinicians, and Regulatory every day. You'll bring your engineering hat to the table, make code changes, and look for opportunities to optimize steps through automation and innovation. You will be responsible for oversight of software architecture and requirements. You will ensure software is designed to meet engineering and regulatory requirements. You will author requirements that gate FDA submissions and final release, while also maintaining a history of why we made decisions. You will coordinate multi-functional approvals for expansion and get to make meaningful software changes that enable features for the first time in new countries. Once in production, you'll monitor the consumer feedback and reported issues to ensure we meet Apple's high bar of quality for our health product. You'll continue to track any anomalies through their full lifecycle until they ultimately are resolved for our products. Apple is looking for someone like you to help change people's lives. You won't have to do it alone! You'll be joining a great team who will be with you each step of the way.
Education & Experience
Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience.
Back to top