Media Streaming Engineer
Posted: Dec 11, 2019
Role Number: 200109137
Apple's Interactive Media Group (IMG) is looking for a dedicated and hardworking engineer to join our streaming media playback team. This technology powers the streaming media experiences on all of Apple's platforms (iPhones/iPads, Apple TV, and macOS) by building on core technologies and frameworks such as Core Media, AVFoundation.
- Extensive knowledge of media streaming protocols, codecs, and transports/container formats: HTTP Live Streaming (HLS), Smooth Streaming, DASH, RTMP, RTSP, etc MPEG-2, H.264/AVC, AAC, AC3, MP4, MPEG-2 TS, etc
- Experience in developing audio/video players (or streaming servers) Strong programming skills in C/C++, with excellent multithreaded debugging skills
- Proven understanding of HTTP/S Excellent debugging and troubleshooting skills using network analysis tools such as WireShark, etc
- Practical experience with building software on TCP/UDP networking APIs on Mac OS/Unix is desirable
- Familiarity with CDN architectures (caches, origin servers, proxies, etc) is a plus
- Broad scripting experience (Bash, Perl, Python, or AppleScript) is preferable
- Good familiarity with code versioning tools, such as Git
- Extraordinary written and verbal communication skills with a professional and credible demeanor
- Ability to work well with tight schedules and rapid development cycles
- A self-starter who possesses extraordinary time management skills with great attention to detail, and the ability to work independently when handling multiple priorities.
- Experience in working with content protection technologies for media streaming
As a media streaming engineer in this role, you will be responsible for developing features, contributing to media systems design, analyzing performance, and tuning algorithms for streaming media playback. An individual should have development experience at multiple layers of the OS network stack and have experience building network delivery systems for playback of media content.
Education & Experience
BS or MS in CS/CE or equivalent
Back to top