Media Streaming Engineer
Posted: Jul 10, 2019
Role Number: 200079054
The Interactive Media Group (IMG) is looking for is looking for an expert software engineer to join our media streaming team. This technology powers streaming experiences on iPhone, Apple TV, iPod, iTunes, and Mac OS X by building on core technologies such as Core Media, AVFoundation, QuickTime, Core Audio, Core Video, Core Animation and more.
- Knowledge of streaming media protocols: HTTP Live Streaming (HLS), DASH, RTMP, RTSP, etc
- Working knowledge of media codecs, formats, transports and container protocols, such as MPEG-2, H.264/AVC, AAC, AC3, MP4, TS, etc
- Experience in developing audio/video streaming servers or clients/players
- Knowledge of common network architectures (routers/switches/proxies, etc) and protocols (HTTP, etc)
- Familiarity with CDN architectures (caches, origin servers, proxies, etc)
- Excellent analytical, programming (C or C++), and debugging skills and strong proficiency in multi-threaded development
- Excellent troubleshooting skills using network analysis tools such as WireShark, etc
- Broad scripting experience preferred (Bash, Ruby, Python). Strong communication and collaboration skills
- You have an ability to stay focused and prioritize a heavy workload while achieving extraordinary quality
- You have excellent judgment and integrity with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
As a media streaming engineer in this role, you will be responsible for developing features, contributing to media systems design, analyzing performance, and tuning algorithms for streaming media playback. This individual should have development experience at multiple layers of the OS network stack and have experience building network delivery systems for media content.
Education & Experience
BS or MS in CS/CE or equivalent, with 3+ years of experience
Meet Some of Apple's Employees
Every Apple Store is designed to engage its local community, and no one understands this more than Consuela. She motivates her team to engage with customers in new and exciting ways.
Back to top