Media Streaming Engineer
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: Sep 30, 2020
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200189210
Apple's Interactive Media Group (IMG) is looking for a creative and dedicated engineer with leadership qualities to join our streaming media team. This technology powers the streaming media experiences on all of Apple's platforms (iPhones/iPads, Apple TV, Apple Watch and macOS) by building on core technologies and frameworks such as Core Media, AVFoundation. If you are passionate about solving complex problems with elegant and creative solutions, then this job maybe a perfect fit for you.
- Software development experience in one or more of the following: C, C++, Objective C
- Excellent analytical, programming and debugging skills
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Passion for learning new technologies, and eagerness to absorb new concepts
- Upbeat, adaptable, and results oriented with a positive attitude
As a media streaming engineer, you will be responsible for prototyping breakthrough ideas, developing features, contributing to systems design, analyzing performance, and tuning algorithms for streaming media framework. Your creativity will shape protocols, implementations and services that bring the best and latest multimedia experiences to our customers. To be successful in this role, you need to be versatile and able to thrive in a fast paced environment.
Education & Experience
BS or MS in CS/CE or equivalent
- Nice to have but not required:
- Proficiency in multi-threaded development
- Knowledge of streaming media protocols: HTTP Live Streaming (HLS), DASH.
- Experience in developing AR/VR and immersive video streaming
- Working knowledge of media codecs, formats, transports and container protocol
Back to top