Posted: May 29, 2019
Role Number: 200064438
Imagine what you could do here. World Class operational excellence is a cornerstone of Apple's ability to consistently surprise and delight our customers. The WW Materials Program Manager plays a critical role in ensuring operational success for the Procurement organization. In this role, you will be responsible for materials readiness, availability, and visibility. This is a strategic supply chain role, interacting with our Contract Manufacturers (CMs) and internal core teams, encompassing critical component planning, allocation direction, supply flexibility modeling, and materials liability management. Do you have a passion for complex supply chain operations? We hope you will consider joining our team.
- Ability to problem-solve and influence others through relationships and data
- Advanced modeling and predictive analytical skills; "Advanced User" of MS Excel with deep understanding of
- Excel techniques. VBA, SQL, Tableau, or similar data visualization tools a plus.
- Professional experience with complex supply chain, technical expertise, or prior OEM management
- experience preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present to management required.
- International experience and Mandarin, Japanese, Vietnamese language skills a plus.
Do you enjoy seeing products come to life? The MPM will manage the CTB ("clear to build") process with suppliers and OEMs, ensuring that we have efficient process and clear visibility on our procurement strategy. Your successful ability to partner with OEMs and the sourcing team on material strategy will directly impact our product success. • Clear-to-Build (CTB) Management: provide visibility to materials supply, highlighting projected coverage and constraints. CTB projections govern what the Supply-Demand Managers (SDM) can commit to customers and are a key input to revenue projections provided to our C-level executives. • Partner with the CM to develop a model that incorporates the specific supply chain and materials flow details to project availability in support of our supply/demand goals. • Create allocation strategies for constrained materials by developing models across factories, programs, and lines of business. Provide allocation direction to Global Supply Managers and Apple Suppliers. • Challenge and influence Demand Planning and Strategic Sourcing teams to improve allocation and maximize revenue. • Identify E & O and other material risk, recommend critical course of action to leadership, and own the efforts to mitigate liability to the business. • Develop strategic roadmap for the phase-out of obsolete parts and new product materials. • Prepare and communicate critical Materials updates at weekly Sustaining Executive Program reviews; maintain executive reports and summaries, providing accurate and timely data to leadership on a weekly basis. • Through a deep understanding of our commodity terms, ensure the logistical flow of materials necessary to meet production schedules, inventory control requirements, and ongoing material line support.
Education & Experience
• Bachelor's Degree with minimum 3+ years of professional experience required. • MBA or Master's Degree in Supply Chain, Engineering, or Operations Management preferred.