Marketing Data Scientist, Apple Media Products Data Science
Posted: May 14, 2019
Role Number: 200060545
At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming phenomenal products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. If you are an ambitious, high-energy individual who is not afraid of challenges, we're looking for you. Apple is seeking an expert Data Scientist to join a team passionate about Data Science & Analytics for Apple Media Products (AMP), covering the App Store, Apple Music, Apple TV and other services. This role will involve working with Internet-scale data across numerous product and customer touch points, undertaking in-depth quantitative analysis and building models to drive strategy. The team's culture centers around rapid iteration with open feedback and debate along the way, plus strong collaboration with product, content, business, and marketing partners. We encourage independent decision-making and taking calculated risks. AMP Analytics collaborates with partners across product, design, engineering, and business teams: our mission is to drive innovation at Apple through deep quantitive research of the App Store, Music, Apple Books and Apple Podcasts amongst other services.
- 3+ years of experience in a Data Scientist or Data Analyst role, preferably for a digital video or digital subscription business.
- You have a strong proficiency with SQL-based languages. Experience with large scale analytics technologies such as Hadoop and Spark preferred.
- Familiarity with Python or R and data visualization tools such as Tableau for full-stack data analysis, insight synthesis and presentation.
- You have experience using relevant statistical packages to build predictive/ML models and knowledge of A/B test experimentation design.
- Curious business mindset with an ability to condense complex concepts and analysis into clear and concise takeaways that drive action.
- Excellent communication, social and presentation skills with meticulous attention to detail.
- Strong time management skills with the ability to handle work to tight deadlines and the pressure of executive requests.
Dive deep into large-scale data to uncover trends and identify key insights that will propel the Apple TV business and marketing strategy. Craft how best to monitor, measure and understand business performance. Collaborate with business, marketing, finance and executive teams to generate regular presentations for C-level. Partner with other Apple organizations on data gathering, data governance, evangelizing key performance indicators and democratizing data. Your creative solving skills will be utilized daily.
Education & Experience
Minimum of a Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering, Economics or related field. Ideally, Masters or PhD in related field.
Meet Some of Apple's Employees
Every Apple Store is designed to engage its local community, and no one understands this more than Consuela. She motivates her team to engage with customers in new and exciting ways.
Back to top