Market Research Manager
Posted: Nov 20, 2019
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200120306
Imagine what you could do here! At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. You bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. We're growing, and we encourage you to apply! Apple's WW Product Marketing team is looking for a leader with vision in market Research to support the insights needs of our key B2B verticals. This position will own the consumer research and analytics practice and lead all aspects of the design, strategy, implementation and communication in: 1. Identifying White Space Opportunities across multiple lines of product categories & businesses. "Market Sensing" - Mobile Devices, Computing Devices, Streaming Media Devices, Services, Apps, and new capabilities such as Augmented Reality. - Understanding the evolving complexity of the multi screen experience consumers have across mobile, home, and work. "Convergence 2.0" 2. Re-Envisioning existing data and new data to uncover insights and build models to create trends. "Data Harmonization" - Use existing internal data and re-envision it by cleaning and applying a new lens to find unseen insights. - Combine disparate data sets to build models and trends for all product categories, Apps, Services, and new spaces. You will monitor and communicate the status of our & competitors products, uncover relevant insights, find growth opportunities, and see opportunities to optimize our capabilities. Using current and new data sources and techniques, you will lead data reporting for Market Research that drives brand/product performance and potential.
- You have 10+ years of experience leading consumer and market research, delivering insights, and optimizing across a wide variety of product categories and developing businesses.
- You have played a leading strategic role, collecting, managing and analyzing data for a product development and marketing function.
- You have built metrics to track performance across various product categories.
- You have led Insights & Analytics programs across multiple product categories including Mobile, Home, Computing and B2B categories.
- You have managed advanced analytics, modeling including internal and external data.
- You can work independently and collaborate with multi-functional teams.
- You have a multidisciplinary background in insights across the complex spectrum of hybrid qualitative and quantitative research including new methodologies such as AI.
- You are someone who can act as an Architect in Insights & Analytics, understanding existing research and have the ability to build new capabilities to explore new and uncharted spaces.
- You have a passion for and capability in role modeling behaviors that enable building high performance teams; and are also strongly dedicated to creating a team culture focused on growth.
- You are patient, persistent and provide perspective
- You can validate, interpret, and provide insights in dashboards, reports, presentations, and other formats for partners throughout Product Teams and Apple, including executives. - You set a vision, establishing a growth driven culture encouraging the use of data to inform and make key business decisions. - You use data and information visualization to actively address unanswered questions and generate new understandings to push Apple forward. - The role will involve solving hard analytical problems and reporting in an ongoing basis across varied internal teams. - We value excellent presentation and negotiation skills, collaboration, and the ability to communicate with team members at any level of seniority.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree in Psychology/Sociology with a strong Statistical background preferred. Experience in Consumer Electronics, Concept Development, Data Science, Information Technology and any other related field a plus.
Meet Some of Apple's Employees
Every Apple Store is designed to engage its local community, and no one understands this more than Consuela. She motivates her team to engage with customers in new and exciting ways.
Back to top