Maps Sr. Software Engineer -- Big Data/Hadoop
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: Dec 16, 2019
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200129768
The Maps Data Insights group looks at various data signals and derive insights regarding map quality to further develop and improve Maps.
- You are a senior software developer (at least 6 years of experience)
- Experience with long-running projects (not so just short term consulting projects).
- Background with scala and/or at least 5 years experience with Java
- Experience with Spark (at least 1 year) or Hadoop (at least 3 years)
- At least 2 years' experience with Python
- Combined experience with at least one of Kafka/Solr/Elastic Search/Cassandra
- Experience with writing web services using Play or similar framework
The Maps Data Insights team is looking at various data signals, derive insights regarding map quality, and use those insights to advance Maps. Combining disparate signals such as community feedback and probe data to validate our maps provides an opportunity that combines large scale data processing, analytics, and visualization. We are looking for talented engineers who are driven and challenged by interesting and complex problems. To be successful in this role, you should possess a versatile and diverse background with a passion and expertise in data technology. If you love data and are willing to dedicate his or her efforts to collect significant data to help continuously improve Maps. YOU WILL: - Develop data processing pipelines, data storage and management architectures using RESTFul web services - Partner closely with internal and external staff to collaborate and drive platform architecture/design - Closely analyze data to produce meaningful insights and contribute creative solutions that will grow the business - You should have strong engineering skills with a unique perspective and a confident ability to partner with a diverse group and provide data-driven feedback that will positively impact products
Education & Experience
Meet Some of Apple's Employees
Every Apple Store is designed to engage its local community, and no one understands this more than Consuela. She motivates her team to engage with customers in new and exciting ways.
Back to top