Maps Services Software Engineer
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: Feb 25, 2020
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200132848
Do you like to take ownership of a feature and drive it to completion? Do you enjoy engineering the best solution while meeting various constraints? Do you enjoy working with multiple teams to support an awesome user experience? Then we have the job for you! Maps Places team is one of the core backend/services teams in Apple Maps. We work on challenging problems spanning Big Data, real time streaming, high-volume/low-latency query processing, and also building user facing features by partnering with iOS teams. We index the world's Point of Interest (POI) data to power several features across Maps, Siri, Spotlight search, etc across Apple devices Join Maps Places team to participate in this exciting journey of building new features for the user.
- 4+ years of professional Object Oriented development (C++ or Java) in a Linux environment
- 2+ years of component and/or system level design
- Experience with scripting languages such as Python
- Excellent communication skills
The Maps Team is looking for a developer to support and grow some of the core backend services that support Apple Map's Front End Services. Ideal candidate would have experience with system architecture, as well as the design, implementation, and testing of individual components but also be comfortable with multiple scripting languages. Must be able to work with other teams to understand their needs, define requirements and interfaces, and implement a solution. Successful candidates will need to have strong programming skills, superb communication skills, be an effective team member, and be able to take ownership of a project.
Education & Experience
BS or MS in Computer Science or related field.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics.
Back to top