Maps Scala Software Engineer
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: May 18, 2020
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200169992
Apple Business Register team is looking for a distributed systems engineering to help build the backend systems connecting businesses and partners with Apple's apps. At Apple, phenomenal ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. We are looking for an upbeat individual who has excellent technical, analytical, written and interpersonal skills. The candidate should have at least 10 years of experience in building performant, highly available, distributed systems. We look for great teammates that are creative problem solvers, able to tackle problems under tight deadline constraints and deliver solutions with a high attention to detail.
- Experience leading projects and collaborating with multiple teams
- Deep understanding of software application architecture and software development life cycle
- Expert in asynchronous / reactive JVM programming, Scala highly preferred
- Experience with Apache Cassandra or any other No-SQL database
- Experience with Apache Kafka or any other queuing technology
- Experience with Restful Web Services
- Experience working in a Unix environment
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with Apache Solr/Apache Lucene/Elasticsearch or any other indexing technology is a plus
- Experience with Akka or other streaming frameworks
- Strong analytical, design and problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Ability to effectively function in a fast-paced environment
Lead and deliver projects working closely with engineers, business partners, program managers and other stakeholders - Work with analysts, engineers, and managers to build tools to drive continuous data quality improvements - Design and develop applications involving data processing and distributed systems - Design and develop RESTful services for data exchange.
Education & Experience
BS in Computer Science, or EE, or relevant industry experience is required. MS in Computer Science or related technical field is plus.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Apple is a drug-free workplace.
Back to top