Maps Design Tools Engineer
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: Apr 13, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200052251
At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion for producing tools to aid in the proof of concept of ideas and there's no telling what you could accomplish. We are looking for a self starting, energetic individual who as a Design Tools Engineer will be working closely with artists, designers, and engineers to ensure that the technology needs of each group are met. You will be responsible for introducing and maintaining new features in our proprietary toolset which is used every day by our team to create and build content for the various products.
- Knowledge of current design software and techniques in both 2D and 3D
- Post-secondary degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering OR comparable work experience
- Strong knowledge of Python
- Knowledge of C++ a plus
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- The tools you will be developing span a wide range of applications. They may include:
- Maya exporting assets into glTF, USDz, etc.
- Data extraction tools from various sources and output as...
- Visual Effects Tool and runtime systems
- Continuous Integration and Automated Testing
- Other custom authoring tools for rendering and getting Maya/Blender/C4d content in to various engines
- Experience with large scale development on a user-facing product
- Python experience
- Maya experience
- Knowledge of Houdini a plus
- Knowledge or experience in GIS/Mapping a plus
The Maps team is seeking a strong Design Tools Engineer to help improve Maps HI Design and Cartography team workflows. This person will be primarily focused on helping with the creation of various tools in addition to maintenance and guidance of existing tools to yield a more efficient workflow. This role involves collaboration with cross functional groups such as data collection, engineering, cartography, and UX Design. The role calls for applicants with a broad array of skills, working on end-to-end aspects of each tool in our toolset. You should be comfortable with switching between different programming languages and problem domains. You will be programming in Python + Linux for desktop tool development on MacOS.
Education & Experience
BFA, BA, BS, MA, or MS
- Must be a TEAM player with excellent communication, negotiation, and presentation/teaching skills
- Open to creative feedback, and bringing creative solutions to the table
- Highly organized and motivated with a deep desire to prove themselves within a company of talented individuals
- Self-motivated, creative and optimistic problem solver; solid time management
- Ability to learn and master new tools and techniques
- Ability to perform under pressure to meet deadlines
Back to top