Maps Data Test Engineer
Posted: Jul 22, 2019
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200068466
Apple Maps team is looking for Base Maps Layer Lead in Data Test engineering. This position is a rare position combining strong software development and data analysis skills. You'll responsible for the creation and execution of overall test strategy by participating in Agile based development cycles of new map features. You will be the owner of a specific layer of map data and making decision for data quality. The right candidate will have experience working with large datasets in a production environment.
- Working knowledge in GIS domain is preferred
- Passionate about data quality
- Passionate about data and how data impact user experiences
- Like to code, and can coach others for coding
- Can work and love to work very large amount of data
- Can work in a fast paced environment
- Deeply technical and proficient in at least one programming or scripting language (Java, Python, Scala, etc.)
- Proven database experience including the ability to construct complex sql queries
- Well versed in understanding multiple data formats and types, HIVE, SQL (mySQL, Oracle, etc), NOSQL (ElasticSearch, Cassandra, etc), JSON, Protocol Buffers
- Efficient and productive with strong attention to detail
- Excellent organizational and documentation skills
- Extraordinary communication and relationship skills
- Maps data background or experience with spatial analytics a huge plus
You're main responsibility is to drive apple maps base maps quality. You will setting up qualification pipeline, qualification criteria, identifying testing gaps, and delivering measurable test results. His/hers day to day activity includes participating in scrum meetings, analyzing spatial datasets, and reporting project status. This role is the ultimate owner for quality a specific layer of maps data.
Education & Experience
Bachelors degree in CS, geography or equivalent. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Back to top