Maps Data Lead Software Engineer
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: Apr 14, 2020
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200164430
Apple Maps Data team is looking for hardworking engineers to develop data-driven applications to provide map data insights that would help drive business decisions. At Apple, phenomenal ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. We are looking for an upbeat individual who has excellent technical, analytical, written and interpersonal skills. The candidate should have at least 10 years of experience in building data-driven applications using contemporary technologies. We look for good great teammates that are creative problem solvers, , able to tackle problems under tight deadline constraints and deliver solutions.
- Experience leading projects and collaborating with multiple teams
- Deep understanding of software application architecture and software development life cyc
- Proficient in Java/Python/Scala or any other programming language
- Experience with Apache Spark/Apache Hadoop or any other similar big data framework
- Experience with Apache Cassandra or any other No-SQL database
- Experience with SQL/Hive or any other query languages
- Experience with Apache Kafka or any other queuing technology
- Experience with Restful Web Services
- Experience working in a Unix environment
- Experience with Apache Solr/Apache Lucene/Elasticsearch or any other indexing technology is a plus
- Strong analytical, design and problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Ability to effectively function in a fast-paced environment
- Lead and deliver projects working closely with engineers, business partners, program managers and other stakeholders - Work with analysts, engineers, and managers to build tools to drive continuous data quality improvements - Design and develop applications involving data processing, hygiene, augmentation and transformation for distributed systems - Design and develop RESTful services for data exchange - Design and develop applications for data analytics
Education & Experience
BS in Computer Science, or EE, or relevant industry experience is required. MS in Computer Science or related technical field is plus.
- Apple's most important resource, our soul, is our people. Apple benefits help further the well-being of our employees and their families in meaningful ways. No matter where you work at Apple, you can take advantage of our health and wellness resources and time-away programmes. We're proud to provide stock grants to employees at all levels of the company, and we also give employees the option to buy Apple stock at a discount - both offer everyone at Apple the chance to share in the company's success. You'll discover many more benefits of working at Apple, such as programmes that match your charitable contributions, reimburse you for continuing your education and give you special employee pricing on Apple products.
- Apple benefits programmes vary by country and are subject to eligibility requirements.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Apple is a drug-free workplace
Back to top