Maps Business Services - Sr. Software Engineer
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: Sep 25, 2020
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200181019
At Apple, phenomenal ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job, and there's no telling what we could accomplish. Apple Business Register team is looking for an engineering lead to help build the backend systems connecting businesses and partners with Apple's apps. We look for great teammates that are creative problem solvers, able to tackle problems under tight deadline constraints and deliver solutions with a high attention to detail.
- 10+ years of industry software engineering experience architecting transactional, high-available, distributed systems
- 5+ years of experience working with large data sets stored in Oracle, PostgreSQL, or other relational databases
- 4+ years of experience working with large data sets stored in Cassandra and Hive, or NoSQL datastores
- Programming knowledge in either, Java, Scala, GoLang, or Python is preferred.
- Appropriate knowledge of using web technologies in the system architecture
- Strong knowledge of concurrency and fault tolerant designs
- Proven knowledge of cloud infrastructure technologies such as AWS, Google Cloud
- Proven ability to analyze business requirements and build efficient solutions
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking and interpersonal skills
- Agile development experience is a plus
- Self-starter mentality with desire to continuously improve system and its component
- Ability to effectively function in a fast-paced environment
- Lead and deliver projects working closely with engineers, business partners, program managers and other stakeholders - Optimally communicate status to management - Architect end-to-end solution working collaboratively with multiple engineering teams - Evaluating technologies to see what fits for the engineering team - Documenting system & deployment architecture, business process flows, and data flows - Design and develop applications involving data processing in a distributed system - Be a product evangelist: help define, promote & share the vision
Education & Experience
- Bachelor in Computer Science with 15+ years of experience - Master degree in Computer Science with 10+ years of experience - PhD in Computer Science with 6+ years of experience
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Apple is a drug-free workplace.
Back to top