Manufacturing Process Engineer - Display
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: Jun 9, 2020
Role Number: 200133573
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don't just create products - they create the kind of wonder that's revolutionized entire industries. It's the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple and help us leave the world better than we found it. The Manufacturing Process Engineering (MPE) team at Apple is driving the state of the art of manufacturing technology for displays in Apple's products. As a member in this team, you will be responsible for the development, qualification, optimization, and production ramp of new process technology and equipment for displays and touch sensors in the next generation iPhone.
- 5+ years of industry experience
- Process and equipment knowledge in displays, semiconductor processing, LED manufacturing, or consumer electronics industry
- Hands-on experience in the design and development of high volume manufacturing processes and equipment in the flat panel display, LED, semiconductor, or consumer electronic industry.
- Experienced at building designs of experiment (DOE) and performing advance statistical analysis of the data from DOE.
- Detail oriented with experience scaling new technologies from prototype to MP scaling and ensuring excellent field performance.
- Data analysis skills to delve deep into understanding data trends, and building correlation
- Advanced knowledge of statistical process controls (SPC) methods and theory.
- Experience in several of the following process technologies is required: bonding, lamination, inkjet printing, screen printing, etching, cleaning, thermal processing, laser processing, roll-to-roll processing
- Familiarity with failure analysis techniques such as SEM, EDX, FTIR.
- Demonstrated ability to perform process DOE and failure analysis.
- Excellent written & verbal English communication skills, including executive level presentation skills and ability to drive multi-functional teams.
- Consistent track record of leading external vendors and driving projects across geographical regions.
- Proficiency in multiple languages including Chinese, Korean, and/or Japanese is a plus.
- Up to 25% international travel is required
As a Manufacturing Process Engineer, you will own the development and engineering of process technology and manufacturing equipment to enable new features for display and sensor modules of Apple products. Engineers may be based in multiple countries across supply chain locations in Asia. Responsibilities Include: • Partnering with development engineering teams to evaluate various process technologies, equipment designs, and suppliers, and identify/select the best method for mass production. • Driving equipment/material suppliers to develop reliable, high-throughput, mass production-capable equipment that delivers tightly controlled process performance that meets pre-defined specifications. • Leading roll-out of equipment, material, and process across the Apple display supply chain, optimize the process and equipment for device performance, yield, quality, reliability, and throughput, and ramp the new equipment/process into full mass production.
Education & Experience
MS or Ph.D. degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Physics, Chemistry/Chemical Engineering, or other similar fields
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
Back to top