Manager, SoC Platform Engineering Program Management
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: Jan 10, 2020
Role Number: 200140256
Are you a leader? Do you want to utilize your engineering background to make big things happen? Can you deliver a complex and fast-paced schedule? We seek a results-oriented leader with a consistent track record running large multi-functional teams to deliver high quality, complex SoC's and technologies on time. In this critical, high-profile role, you will lead a team of technical Engineering Program Managers (EPM) in the Hardware Technology organization. We are looking for a leader with the breadth of experience, and depth of technical knowledge. As a recognized leader, your management charter is not limited to but will include Apple's custom SoC Concept, a critical first milestone in Apple's New Silicon Product process, working closely with Architecture, SoC Development, Software, and Systems EE teams - across all Apple product platforms. Beyond Concept, you will support the "fast simulation" of critical IPs in order to "shift left" software development ahead of SoC arrival. You will also align the SoC/System/SW roadmaps, and ensure strategic silicon and module alignment from Concept to mass production for all of Apple's product platforms. Additional responsibilities will include delivery of critical new technologies requiring high multi-functional collaboration, to mass production, working at the platform level - the intersection of Apple's groundbreaking SoCs, System Hardware, and Software.
- Requires 7+ years of Technology R&D, 3+ years of Technical Program Management and Engineering team management experience.
- Ambitious and proactive with creative and critical thinking capabilities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, interpersonal and validated leadership skills.
- Proficient working in a multi-disciplined engineering environment, strong multi-tasker.
- Ability to filter and distill significant information for the right audience.
- Understands and deals well with rapid development cycles; remains flexible and calm in the face of ambiguity.
- Detailed project tracking and history of meeting deadlines.
- Strong desire to own and drive project planning and development using well defined metrics.
- Team building and collaboration skills with the ability to mentor team members.
- Must be able to fit in well with a team, understand capabilities and priorities while encouraging a reciprocal environment.
- Experience developing SoC from Concept to Mass Production is ideal.
• Establish program management structure, issue and status reporting process and protocols, and drive focused execution - pull information together and bring visibility to multi-functional partners and executive management, highlight dependencies and risks, and make things happen by establishing appropriate "call for action". • Efficiently drive the decision-making process. • Meet ambitious schedules by planning, prioritizing, identifying critical paths and driving progress. • Recognize, evaluate and communicate issues and risks, develop appropriate mitigation plans and drive issues to closure by bringing together key partners with comprehensive data for decision making. • Establish effective and strong working relationships with key partners across Apple. • Ensure coordinated and integrated functional work between multi-disciplinary team members. • Set high standards for the EPM team and guide the team to consistently perform to those standards.
Education & Experience
BSEE / MSEE or equivalent is required
Back to top