Manager, Security Platform Architecture Engineering Program Manager
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: Mar 26, 2020
Role Number: 200162125
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Dynamic, intelligent people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. The people who work here have reinvented entire industries with all Apple Hardware products. The same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices strengthening our dedication to leave the world better than we found it. Do you want join us in these pursuits? Join us to help deliver the next groundbreaking Apple products! In this critical, highly multi-functional leadership role, you will be responsible for leading a team of technical platform architecture security EPMs. This team's charter is to deliver system-level security solutions to safeguard customer data, privacy and equipment throughout the manufacture, use, and repair of customer devices. You are responsible for program-managing from Concept to Mass Production: security aspects of new product features, and driving multi-functional security initiatives such as safety, anti-fraud and repair across all of Apple's product categories.
- Requires 7+ years of Technology R&D, 3+ years of Technical Program Management and Engineering team management experience
- Excellent communication, organizational and leadership skills
- Distinguished multi-tasker, confirmed ability to lead large number of programs at any given time
- Astute with a history of flourishing in a dynamic multi-disciplined engineering environment, in a multi-functional "glue" role.
- Self-motivated and proactive with demonstrated creative and critical thinking capabilities
- Ability to filter and distill relevant information for the right audience
- Strong desire to own and drive project planning and development using well-defined metrics and tools
- Team building and collaboration skills with the ability to mentor team members
- Teamwork: the candidate must be able to fit in well with a team, understanding capabilities and priorities while encouraging a collaborative environment
- Experience in Platform level security - including SoC, System hardware, and Software is ideal
• Work with Platform Architecture teams to define Hardware Tech engineering plans and align technology roadmaps with Apple's product priorities. Drive Platform Architecture initiatives by collaborating with product hardware, software, server, custom and SoC silicon development teams. Program manage a wide range of platform architecture technologies with a focus on the facilitation of early SoC bring up and efforts to strengthen security across our various hardware platforms. • Establish program management structure, issue and status reporting process and protocols, and drive disciplined execution: pull information together and bring visibility to cross-functional partners and Executive management, highlight dependencies and risks, and make things happen by establishing the appropriate "call for action". • Effectively drive the decision-making process. • Meet aggressive schedules by planning, prioritizing, identifying critical paths and driving progress. • Recognize, evaluate and communicate issues and risks, develop appropriate mitigation plans and drive issues to closure by bringing together key stakeholders with comprehensive data for decision making. • Ensure coordinated and integrated functional work between the team members. • Set high standards for the EPM team and guide the team to consistently perform to those standards.
Education & Experience
• BSEE/MSEE or equivalent is required
Back to top