Manager - Engineering Programs - Fraud, Trust, Safety
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: Aug 26, 2020
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200162527
The Apple Cloud Services (ACS) team is responsible for securing the technology, services for our customers across IS&S. They provide a white-glove partnership with properties such as iTunes, iCloud, Maps. We are looking for a premier manager to lead project managers who can thrive in a fast-paced workplace where both individual drive and team collaboration are the keys to success! This is not just a task based job; you are responsible for successful outcomes and delivery. Strong fundamentals are a requirement. You feel a personal stake in the services you support and programs you define and lead. You have a deep well of positive energy and unbound enthusiasm. You hold yourself to (almost, but not quite) impossibly high standards. You have unshakeable integrity. You're always asking why. You are as comfortable speaking publicly to execs as you are with your nose in a burn down chart. You have deep wisdom and judgement. You know what success looks like. You seek a dynamic fast paced and complex environment that will help define and deliver the infrastructure, software, security and system needs that make Apple, Apple. In addition, you will contribute to scaling, maturing operations and standard methodologies. The team focuses on Fraud, Trust, Safety efforts and acts not only in the best interest of the projects under their care, but are expected to always keep in mind what is best for the group, the organization, and the company.
- Strong background in services infrastructure engineering and the security space (non-compliance)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-motivated and proactive with demonstrated creative and critical thinking capabilities. experience with risk analysis & mitigation
- Organize and participate in requirements or design brainstorming sessions
- Experience leading multiple complex projects simultaneously
- Great attention to detail
- Successful experience running at scale technical / engineering program managers, hiring excellent people, and building high performing teams.
- A history of leadership, decision making and negotiation skills and able to influence partners without direct authority.
- Experience at risk analysis as well as developing, prioritizing and handling budgets to support security road map.
- Process re-engineering experience. - ability to drive maturity and process optimization.
The role requires you to build partner trust and persistently remove ambiguity by seeking to reduce complexity. This role is pivotal in developing a broad organizational perspective and requires facilitation and execution on strategic decisions as well as have a pulse on what is happening in the industry. In addition, the role will support the development of process improvement and standard operating procedures, in order to achieve required maturity and effectiveness, all while leading and growing teams of extraordinary project managers. Systems within this scope are complex, so you will not only be expected to be able to readily understand complicated and subtle interdependencies, but also to evaluate new requests and new information in light of how it affects or is affected by those systems. Being able to think on your feet is essential, as is the ability to productively debate the validity of a given approach to any aspect of a project under your control. You have strong social and interpersonal skills. As a member of the FEAR EPM team, you will be on a team that serves the passions and needs of many tens of millions of customers in an increasingly security-conscious world, so we're looking for somebody who can be equally passionate! Key to your success will be the need to act as a business analyst on applicable domains, analyzing business risks, needs and requirements, participating and representing as the need arises in problem solving and design of engineering discussions.
Education & Experience
BS, Computer Science / Engineering or relevant industry experience
- Prior experience as a software engineer or as a system administrator
- Fluent in software development processes (SDLC)
- Shown ability to organize and lead rapid co-ordinated response efforts.
- Experience with infrastructure-focused projects i.e. networks, services, APIs, etc.
Back to top