Manager, Business Analysis, Maps
Posted: Nov 13, 2019
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200073705
As a Business Analyst Manager you will evaluate and improve Apple Maps. You'll lead as well as collaborate with a cross functional team of engineers, program, operations managers and other involved stakeholders on a wide range of problems. You will deliver analyses and insights that influence strategic decisions in the global Maps organization. The position brings analytical rigor and statistical methods to the challenges of product strategy, development and improvement with an appreciation for end user behaviors. Our goal is to provide a highly curated Maps experience to our customers. As part of our globally distributed team, you'll build relationships with geographically-dispersed partners and across all levels of leadersh
- Background managing, mentoring and/or building a team as well as influencing others to work as "virtual" team members.
- 6+ years of relevant work experience, including expertise with statistical data analysis and sampling methods.
- Experience articulating and translating business questions and using statistical techniques to arrive at an answer using available data.
- Experience in building data warehouse structures and data frameworks for ongoing access.
- Working experience with Tableau and R, Hive/Hadoop and Advanced SQL.
- Applied experience with machine learning on large datasets.
- Proven leadership and self-direction. Willingness to both teach others and learn new techniques.
- Demonstrated skills in selecting the right statistical tools given a data analysis problem.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
You'll develop comprehensive knowledge of Apple Maps data structures and metrics, advocating for changes where needed for improved development and usability. We work with large complex data sets to solve difficult non-routine analysis problems, applying advanced analytical methods as needed. Build and prototype analysis pipelines iteratively to provide insights at scale. Design meaningful metrics to measure success of maps business processes and devise ways to measure them from various data signals. Conduct analysis that includes data gathering and requirements specification, processing, analysis and ongoing deliverables and presentations. Research and develop analysis, forecasting and optimization methods to improve the quality of user facing Map data and reduce the cost of creating it. Interact cross functionally making business recommendations(e.g., cost-benefit, forecasting, experiment analysis) with effective presentations of findings at multiple levels of partners through visual displays of quantitative information. Actively work closely with partners as necessary, to negotiate with stakeholders and to ask other for data or help (in other words, not all data is under your control)
Education & Experience
MS or PhD in a qualitative discipline, advanced degree in Statistics and/or Computer Science a plus.
- Nice to have: Experience with PostgreSQL with PostGIS, Spark, Scala, Python, D3.js
Back to top