Maintenance & Operations Manager
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: Feb 5, 2020
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200147431
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. We're a diverse collection of thinkers and doers, continually reimagining our products, systems, and practices to help people do what they love in new ways. This is a deeply collaborative place, where everything we create is the result of people in different roles and teams working together to make each other's ideas stronger. That same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices, strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it. The Maintenance Manager will be responsible for providing & support service within all of the buildings in Santa Clara Valley. The role will include involvement in projects, commissioning, acceptance & space upgrades.
- Experience in Facility Management within recognized consulting or client organization.
- Related experience, including high-end corporate & engineering tech office environment.
- Contract negotiation & structuring experience.
- Excellent communication & presentation skills at all levels.
- Ability to connect & lead dispersed internal/external teams.
- Experience with leading complex change management situations considered an advantage.
- Professional certification - IFMA certification desirable but not required.
- Verbal & written English fluency.
- Passionate about customer services & end-user experience.
- Self-starter & capable individual contributor.
- Integrated Facility Management skills.
- Vendor management/performance measurement skills.
- Strong process orientation.
- Strong individual accountability & execution of area-specific skills.
- Knowledge about office design, construction & project management.
- Ability to communicate & collaborate well at all levels.
- Understanding of both large campuses & small sites.
- Strong problem-solving & negotiations skills.
- Professional manner & presentation.
- Self-Starter, highly motivated to succeed & provide best-in-class IFM services.
- Able to work as an individual or team contributor.
- Strong reporting ability - accurate in written & verbal.
- Passion for facility management & best in class services & deliverables.
Day to day monitoring, operation of facility operation. Manage RE&D financial obligations e.g., Lease, Utility & Vendor payments. Manage single to multiple, simple to complex Facility initiatives and programs. Lead planned projects to optimize cost to Apple while ensuring no or minimal impact on business continuity. Plan asset repair/replacement & forecast expense & capital cost into an annual budget forecast. Facility budget development & management. Lead the commissioning & acceptance of spaces in designated buildings. Develop a project process to encompass procurement, project management & budget controls to enable predictable project delivery, supporting projects in Santa Clara Valley & San Francisco. Partner with EHS to develop a safe environment, programs/projects & execute as required. Supervise contractors & suppliers to deliver the facility scope of work as per agreed SLA's & critical metrics. Attend QBR's & performance manage the contractor/vendor as required. Develop concise communications suitable for all levels of management, e.g., status reports, feasibility reports, ROI/cost assessments & project updates. Organize & manage shutdowns & out of hours work as required to ensure the proper systems & services on campus. Be available to respond to emergencies at any time. Actively identify facilities improvements with regard to process and services. Lead several programs to support the broader RE&D organization. Implement tools, standards, policies, guidelines & processes related to RE&D management standards. Manage OPEX budget & forecast for the different areas of responsibility.
Education & Experience
Degree in related field e.g., Facility Management/Engineering/Hotel Management.
Back to top