macOS System Applications Software Engineer
Posted: Oct 22, 2019
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200057412
Imagine what you could do here to help hundreds of millions of Apple customers get the most out of their current and future devices. Does creating new features that bring together software, hardware and services for our users excite you? Are you passionate about user experience? The macOS Setup and Migration team is looking for a committed, highly competent engineer to contribute to current and future versions of the System Migration application which helps users get the most out of their new devices by ensuring they are setup and configured from their old devices with ease and simplicity.
- Passion to create amazing products which users will love
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills
- Experience implementing applications or frameworks for macOS and/or iOS using Objective-C
- Experience implementing client to server network communications
- Experience developing and shipping consumer-oriented applications
- You will join a hands-on development team that feeds creativity and generates novel solutions to deliver engineering perfection.
- We partner with a variety of cross and multi-functional team members from groups across the company
- Familiarity with Apple application UI guidelines
- Are you deeply accountable for your work? Your excitement for product ownership and track record of product development will prove critical to your success on our team.
- You will prioritize tasks with rapid development cycles, remain flexible and calm in the face of uncertainty.
- Be ready to make something great when you come here. Dynamic, inspiring people and innovative, industry-defining technologies are the norm at Apple. The people who work here have reinvented and defined entire industries with our products and services. The same passion for innovation also applies to our business practices - strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it.
- You have excellent judgment and integrity with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
- We value your passion for hard work and creativity.
- Excellent writing and interpersonal skills
- Thorough knowledge of macOS and iOS is helpful
- Ability to stay focused and prioritize a heavy workload while achieving extraordinary quality
- You are upbeat, adaptable, and results oriented with a positive attitude
- You bring passion and dedication to your job and are committed to our vision and supporting the developer community
The macOS Setup and Migration team is responsible for the System Migration application and related frameworks. Our application is one the user's first experience with an Apple device. We are engaged from early feature concepts to final feature polish, interacting with multi-functional hardware, software and services teams continuously. You will have a keen eye for great design and user experience. You have developed applications for any of Apple's platforms and Xcode is like a second home to you. You possess the technical knowledge and collaboration and communication skills necessary for success as a dependable member of our team. A passion for elegant design, innovative technologies, and continuously improving one's skill set are also important success factors. In this role you will work on a variety of technologies including Cocoa user interfaces, networking protocols, file systems and file management, Grand Central Dispatch, and inter-process communication. Your software design skills and knowledge of systems programming lets you build solid applications and frameworks. Adopting the best testing practices allows you to find and fix bugs early. You're a tinkerer at heart, and writing great software is just one of your creative outlets. Are you searching for a place to perform some of the best work of your life? We would be excited to have you join our team!
Education & Experience
A BS in Electrical or Computer Engineering or equivalent experience.
Back to top