Machine Learning Engineer, Video Applications
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: Jun 9, 2021
Role Number: 200211024
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. We are seeking a Deep Learning Computer Vision engineer to help discover, design, develop, and deliver ML driven features for our Video Applications Engineering team. Our team develops Apple's well-known video applications, including Final Cut Pro, iMovie, Memories part of the Photos app, Motion and the exciting new Clips mobile app. We utilize both ML and Computer Vision technologies in our applications, and are doing so at an increasing pace.
- Minimum 3 years experience using ML technologies (Keras, TensorFlow, PyTorch, etc.) to tackle a variety of Computer Vision and other problems.
- Deep understanding of CNN based models and experience with large scale visual data.
- Experience with various Deep Learning specialties such as object detection, tracking, activity recognition, etc.
- Experience doing rapid prototyping. Good intuition in assessing time versus complexity tradeoffs.
- Ability to discern whether a particular ML technology is viable for solving specific application problems for Apple platforms.
- Experience with C/C++ needed to succeed in this role.
- Experience with iOS/macOS (Objective-c, Swift, etc.) development along with CoreML are a plus.
- Strong academic and publication record.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Able to collaborate and build productive cross-functional relationships.
We are looking for a self-motivated individual with strong technical, problem solving, and communication skills to work in a fast-paced environment. You will advise and consult on multiple projects within our organization, to identify where ML can best be employed, and in areas of media utilization not limited to images and video. You should have the ability to estimate the level of ML development and training effort required for a given application. In this position, you will stay abreast of virtually all CVML hardware and software technologies under development and research at Apple, advise us on how to best use these, and suggest creative ways to augment these with our own CVML development. You will also stay up to date with the latest relevant developments in industry. In this role you will establish peer technical relationships with top ML technologists within Apple, as well as those within the industry and academia. We expect that you will have significant software development and integration knowledge in order to be both an advisor to and significant developer on multiple initiatives.
Education & Experience
MS or PhD in Computer Science or related Engineering, Science, Math discipline.
Back to top