Machine Learning Deployment Engineer- iPhone Operations
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: Jun 9, 2020
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200166749
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, we believe new ideas have a way of becoming phenomenal products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. It takes deeply dedicated, intelligent and hard-working individuals to maintain and exceed the high expectations for the exciting iPhone brand at Apple. The iPhone Operations Data Team is looking for an extraordinary Machine Learning Engineer to join our team. You will craft, design and implement our machine learning strategy to the massive iPhone supply chain and help build the future of our manufacturing systems. You will be building, deploying and scaling algorithms from laptops in Cupertino serving thousands of inferences daily in industrial manufacturing settings. Key Responsibilities: - Deploy scalable Machine Learning and Computer Vision algorithms on local and cloud-based inferencing platforms - Build and maintain API's for ML inference services, and web applications to host ML solutions - Work with resources in the factory to integrate ML applications with existing factory software and systems - Be a great teammate, approachable, ready to assist DevOps and engineers at factory sites to build pipelines that need minimal operational maintenance - Abilities to independently learn new technologies; prioritize tasks and take ownership; and meaningfully present results of analyses in a clear and impactful manner
- Solid programming skills in Python or Java
- Experience in building light web applications using frameworks such as Flask, Node.js, React, etc.
- Experience in deployment and scaling of Machine Learning and Deep Learning algorithms on cloud services such as AWS, Azure, and Google Cloud
- Experience in data modeling in RDBMS (e.g. MySQL, PostgreSQL), and NoSQL databases
- Knowledge of software development tools such as Git, CI/CD, Docker, Kubernetes, etc.
- Knowledge of building scalable data pipelines using Hadoop, Spark, Hive, Cassandra, Kafka and NoSQL databases.
- Nice to Have:
- Experience with Image Analysis/Computer Vision
- Knowledge or familiarity of ML algorithms (deep learning, classification, clustering, Torch, Caffe, MXNet, TensorFlow)
- Experience with Python libraries such as scikit-learn, scipy, spacy, and NLTK
- Knowledge of networking concepts and protocols, e.g. TCP/IP, HTTP, etc.
- Knowledge of Swift, Objective-C, Cocoa, Cocoa-Touch, and CoreML
- Familiarity with manufacturing, or an industrial domain
As a key member of our team, collaborate with different engineering and operations teams leading development of ML solutions for a variety of tasks and projects. Are you passionate to learn and use a variety of software techniques, delivering projects from end-to-end? You will help the ML Engineers deliver applications with minimal delays at precisely the right resource footprint with elasticity, while ensuring absolutely tight and robust security, privacy and confidentiality. You are equally comfortable enabling data pipelines to transport data (in and) out of our factories through custom-built platforms. You will provide guidance on architecting custom solutions for data annotation, build infrastructure applications, interact with Big Data and produce applications that are quality tested, highly available, and run at Apple-scale with no downtime. If you are passionate to influence the quality, speed and efficiency of our ML algorithms, come and help enable our vision to create the most refined products in the world.
Education & Experience
- BS in Computer Science, EE, or related fields with 5 + years proven track record applying machine learning techniques to real business problems. - Master's of Computer Science, Machine Learning, or higher level degree PhD preferred Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
Back to top