Machine Learning / AI - Engineering & Research Internship
Posted: Nov 21, 2019
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200067520
Apple is seeking highly qualified people for the position of AI/ML Engineer and AI/ML Researcher. The team pursues research & development in the areas of machine learning (ML) with particular focus on deep learning (DL), computer vision (CV), natural language processing (NLP), information retrieval (IR), and reinforcement learning (RL). As a member of the team, you will work on some of the most challenging technical problems, develop new ML solutions that will impact future Apple products, and collaborate with the best product teams to integrate your ideas into products.
- In-depth expertise in deep learning (DL) and statistical machine learning (ML)
- Expertise in one or more of CV, NLP, RL, IR, search and speech, optimization, time series, generative models, signals, pattern recognition fields, and/or computer graphics fields
- Strong publication record demonstrating innovative research
- Good presentation skills
- Passionate about building extraordinary products
- Excellent programming skills in Java, Python, C/C++, CUDA or other GPGPU is a plus
- Knowledge of common ML frameworks
- Expected to perform well in a fast-paced environment, to execute on the tasks assigned, to meet the production deadlines and, at the same time, to explore independently new innovative ideas that can improve and transform the product experience of Apple customers
- Be able to deliver ML technologies aligned with the core values of Apple, ensuring the highest standards of quality, scientific rigor, innovation, and respect for user privacy
- Creative, collaborative, and product focused
You will research and develop innovative ML strategies for challenging problems that will affect future Apple products. You will collaborate with broader teams across Apple to transfer AI/ML solutions. You will have opportunities to provide technical mentorship and guidance and prepare technical reports for publication and conference talks. You are self-motivated, excellent problem solver, a go-getter. You are quick to build relationships and work well with change and ambiguity. You have strong programming skills with tried experience crafting, prototyping, and delivering advanced algorithmic solutions. Internship opportunities are available in Cupertino, San Francisco, Seattle, and Boston.
Education & Experience
Currently pursuing a PhD, Masters, or Bachelors degree in Machine Learning, Human Computer Interaction, Natural Language Processing, Robotics, Computer Science, Data Science, Statistics or related areas. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Back to top