Mac Platform Bringup Engineer
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: Oct 8, 2019
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200106826
CoreOS's Mac Platform team is responsible for delivering the next generation of Mac products. We are committed to building fully integrated operating systems that combine hardware, software, and apps into a single Apple experience. Your dedication to cross-disciplinary collaboration will help develop groundbreaking technologies which are part of macOS, iOS, watchOS, and tvOS. The Mac Platform Software Team is seeking a strong, self-motivated Software Engineer to help with the development of the next generation of Apple Mac systems. We are looking for engineers with strong problem solving skills who can work in a high-pressure, fast-paced environment and solve complex technical issues. As a member of this team you will play a central role developing future Macs. This will include work in system software, device drivers, firmware, and overall system architecture. Responsibilities include: hardware and software design, implementation, and troubleshooting to achieve product specifications; triaging issues to identify and solve critical product blockers; balancing performance with energy efficiency in a highly constrained system environment; working with factory and operations teams to support prototype product builds and drive yield into production; crafting future requirements to build innovative new products. Occasional international travel required, less than 10%.
- Understanding of at least one CPU architecture, x86 and ARM preferred.
- Programming experience with C or C++.
- Scripting language experience with Python or Perl.
- Kernel and/or driver development experience.
- Working knowledge of: PCIe, SATA, I2C, USB, JEDEC and/or SMBUS
- Demonstrated critical thinking, debugging, and troubleshooting skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Comfortable with schematics and silicon specifications.
- Experience with platform bring-up or porting of operating systems.
Development of firmware and system software to meet product requirements. Debug of system level issues, involving hardware and software. Code review. Schematic review. Diagnostic and operations support of prototype builds and handoff to mass production. Prototyping to set requirement targets for product definition. Architecture and design of new system-level features.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related field
- 3+ years of platform bring-up or operating system porting.
- 5+ years writing system software, firmware, kernel, and/or drivers.
- Experience debugging issues with oscilloscopes or logic analyzers.
- PCIe technical expert.
- Familiar with UEFI firmware development, EDK and/or EDKII.
- Working knowledge of x86/ACPI power management.
- Passionate about quality.
Back to top