Location Software Engineer
Posted: Aug 8, 2019
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200081557
Develop and enhance multi-sensor navigation technology as a location software engineer. Craft the next generation of location-aware mobile experiences by working on state-of-the-art technologies to seamlessly integrate people's digital and physical lives. Are you passionate about building technology that will make a difference? Do you flourish with good creative challenges? Do you love attention to detail? If so, we might just be the team for you.
- Proficient in C++
- Proficient in modern object-oriented programming concepts and design patterns
- Proficient in efficient, real-time software design
- Familiar with Linux-based operating systems
- Familiar with statistics concepts and statistical data analysis
- Comfortable implementing complex mathematical algorithms and bookkeeping schemes
- Comfortable working with a development team on a large body of code
- Eager to learn new techniques and experiment with cutting-edge navigation technologies
Here at Apple, we build devices and services that enrich our customers' lives. In the location technologies group, we help people connect: with each other, and with our planet. We reach more than a billion people. We help them find their way, and we help them find each other. Every single day, our customers use more than 5,000 years of location services, so what we do and how we do it makes a difference. Join our team, and we'll help you do the best work of your life. If you join our team, you'll design, develop, debug, and support location software with a focus on multi-sensor GNSS and radionavigation technology. You'll collaborate to qualify performance and support commercialization for hundreds of millions of users on multiple hardware families. You'll design and implement data structures, threading models, business logic, and system architectures in support of location services. You'll also optimize performance, robustness, and scalability of new and existing services.
Education & Experience
Applicants should have a PhD, Master's or Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field.
Meet Some of Apple's Employees
Every Apple Store is designed to engage its local community, and no one understands this more than Consuela. She motivates her team to engage with customers in new and exciting ways.
Back to top