Location QA Automation Engineer
Posted: Oct 10, 2019
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200106487
Join the Sensing and Connectivity team to work on cutting-edge Location Technologies that power critical experiences on Apple products. We build highly innovative and deeply impactful location features such as Maps, Proximity Sensing, Indoor Location and iBeacon - among many more. Your work on the test and qualification of our features directly impacts the lives of our billion-strong user base. As a member of our dynamic group, you will have the rare and rewarding opportunity to shape upcoming products that will delight and inspire our customers. We're looking for an individual to help us build automation infrastructure, automated tests, and tools to enhance our QA processes and deliver the best location experience for our customers. Are you highly technical, a strong communicator, collaborative, and have great programming skills? If so, we'd love to hear from you!
- You have 3 plus years of experience writing Python code
- You have worked with or designed automated build & test systems
- You have strong knowledge of object-oriented programming paradigms
- App development experience with Objetive-C or Swift is a plus
- Experience with data analysis using tools such as Numpy, Pandas is a plus
- OS X or UNIX experience is required
- You have worked in fast-paced, agile environment, and can pivot easily to support new user requirements
The Location Software QA team undertakes special projects for the Sensing and Connectivity groups at Apple. These projects have ranged from developing data crowdsourcing systems to prototyping apps & features for future OS releases. Our team also relies heavily on continuous integration and test automation systems. In this position you will work closely with hardware and software developers and will be among the first to receive unreleased prototypes. Strong programming skills are a required as many teams will rely on your software to get their work done.
Education & Experience
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent experience.
Back to top