Lead Software Engineer (Java, Clojure, scalable services, RESTful APIs) - Apple Media Products
Posted: May 24, 2019
Role Number: 200063537
The Core Services team at Apple Media Products is looking for a senior software engineer lead to help build scalable and creative features that delight hundreds of millions of customers around the world on App Store, Apple Arcade, Apple Music, Apple TV+, Apple Books, Podcasts, MusicKit, iTunes etc. across multiple platforms on iOS, macOS, tvOS, and watchOS.
- Lead complex software engineering projects, and build scalable web applications and features that span cross-functional teams.
- Excellent communication skills; ability to gather complex requirements, and translate them into actionable engineering tasks.
- Expert knowledge of developing scalable Java web applications with very stringent latency requirements.
- Strong object oriented design and analysis skills coupled with a deep understanding of data structures and algorithms.
- Experience in designing and implementing RESTful APIs.
- Exceptional debugging, critical thinking, and interpersonal skills.
- Experience writing effective unit and integration tests.
- Experience with Solr / Lucene or other NoSQL solutions (Redis / Memcached / Cassandra / Voldemort / MongoDB etc.)
- Knowledge of JVM or functional languages like Clojure is a plus.
You will be part of the server team that powers customer-facing features within the Apple client applications - App Store, Apple Arcade, Apple Music, Apple TV+, Apple Books, Podcasts, MusicKit, iTunes etc. You will be working cross-functionally with various teams across Apple to deliver some really exciting features to our customers. Thinking about web service performance is a constant thing for us and we are searching for someone like-minded. If you are used to thinking about performance in terms of median, 95th percentile and 99th percentile, then we are looking for you! You would be someone who is not afraid to question assumptions, is a great teammate under tight deadlines and seeks problems with elegant technical solutions.
Education & Experience
BS or MS in Computer Science.
Back to top