Lead Display Electrical Hardware Architect/Engineer
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: Apr 13, 2021
Role Number: 200206131
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Dynamic, smart people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. The people who work here have reinvented entire industries with all Apple Hardware products. The same real passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it. Join us to help deliver the next groundbreaking Apple product. Are you passionate about changing the world? We have a critical impact on getting high quality functional products to millions of customers quickly and we are hiring all levels from junior to senior engineers to join our display engineer team.
- Strong math and analytical skills
- Solid EE fundamentals (analog/mixed-signal design, power architecture, etc)
- Prior system integration, hardware design and/or mixed-signal circuit design experience
- Expert knowledge in Matlab, circuit simulation tools and/or Python
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good leadership skills to lead multiple Apple and vendor efforts
- Attention to project detail and task tracking to ensure error-free and short time to market products
- Be energetic, creative and self-driven engineer with very strong analytical skills and a real passion for crafting and innovation. - Envision novel ideas, concepts and/or applications that will propel our displays to new levels of quality and power efficiency that have never been done before. - Define display electrical hardware architecture including but not limited to system and panel interfaces, power on/off sequencing, display timing, pixel charging and jitter analysis, backlighting requirements, connectivity and communication flows between ICs, programmables, factory and panel vendor tests and associated SOPs, PCB implementation requirements and analysis for co-existence with other subsystems such as touch and desense. - Perform detailed technical analysis and work with interdisciplinary teams to bridge technology gap between theory and implementable hardware, develop test & methodology specifications for both pre and post silicon tape-out. - Analyze trade-offs between performance, manufacturability and cost. - Deliver high-quality and thorough documentation for specifications and prepare presentations for multi-functional teams and executives that concisely and effectively convey key messages and big picture. - Explore new display technologies from electrical architecture and feasibility standpoints. - Need to be comfortable working with embedded systems environments, require creative thinking on HW emulation platforms, and need to obsess on the customer visual experience. - Efficiently coordinate multiple internal teams and vendor meetings.
Education & Experience
PhD plus minimum 5 years experience or MSEE plus minimum 7 years experience or BSEE plus minimum 8 years experience
Back to top