Lead Build and Release Engineer
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: Jun 24, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200207554
Apple's Application Strategy and Engineering team is looking for a passionate Build and Release Engineer to take our build, integration and test process to the next level. We are looking for someone who is passionate about software delivery with deep system, infrastructure and tooling knowledge. The role would also involve interacting with multiple cross-functional engineering teams to strategize & co-ordinate build and configuration activities to have seamless releases and minimize production incidents.
- A genuine passion for software delivery with 6+ yrs of experience in build and release engineering of mission critical applications, infrastructure and systems
- 5+ years of experience in crafting and managing fully automated and high reliable CI/CD pipelines enabling efficient development at a rapid pace
- 5+ years of scripting experience on Python, Bash Shell, Java
- 5+ years of experience in Ansible, Jenkins, Maven, Gradle
- 5+ years of experience in Linux, Docker, Kubernetes, Couchbase
- Proven debugging experience in tools such as Splunk, AppDynamics, CloudWatch
- Experience in systems both on-premise (data center) and on public cloud (AWS, GCP etc)
- Experience with scale testing, disaster recovery, and capacity planning
- Proficient in Git and repository management
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Automation advocate - you truly believe in removing operation load with software delivery
- Ability to work well with people and highly self motivated with clear, professional interpersonal skills
Applications Strategy and Engineering team is responsible for developing mission critical support applications for apple's customers. These support applications help millions of our customers on daily basis and serve as the frontend for customers to get support for billions of active apple devices. The team uses groundbreaking technologies and state of the art tools to engineer these support solutions which exist on both Web and iOS platforms. Our team comprises of top-tier engineers and likeminded leaders who collaborate to engineer amazing product by solving exciting and challenging problems on a daily basis.
Education & Experience
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent experience required. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
Back to top