Laser & Photonics Architect
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: Sep 24, 2020
Role Number: 200195119
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Dynamic, smart people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. The people who work here have reinvented entire industries with all Apple Hardware products. The same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it. Join us to help deliver the next groundbreaking Apple product! Do you love working on challenges that no one has solved yet? As a member of our dynamic group, you will have the unique and rewarding opportunity to craft upcoming products that will delight and inspire millions of Apple's customers every single day! Apple is looking for a Laser and Photonics Architect to collaborate with a highly multi-disciplinary group, to conceive and demonstrate new photonics sensor concepts. This person will be responsible for the development of new photonic architectures, from the design, through fabrication, characterization, and the data analysis. This person will also play an important role helping to integrate the learnings, and designing the next generation photonics systems.
- The ideal candidate will have 5 total years of experience in chip and device architecture, including significant experience with silicon photonics, plus most of the following:
- Excellent grasp of optical physics fundamentals including diode lasers and photonic components
- Experience with laser and photonics circuit-level architecture
- Experience with simulation of integrated active and passive optical components
- Experience constructing and validating models of optical devices, based on first principles and empirical data
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work well in a team environment
As a Laser & Photonics Architect, you will have the following responsibilities: - Work with the System Engineering team to invent, implement, and test optical sensor concepts - Conduct first-principles numerical simulations of optical devices and sub-systems - Identify causal relationships between observed system-level performance and specific device-level parameters - Write specifications for custom optical devices, based on a combination of modeling and interpretation of empirical data - Work with external vendors to fabricate custom optical devices meeting our system-level requirements - Work with the team to test and validate fabricated devices
Education & Experience
A Masters degree or PhD in Physics, Applied Physics, Optics, EE, or related field is required.
Back to top