Lab Operations Lead
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: Aug 26, 2020
Role Number: 200140427
The SEG Hardware Validation labs use thousands of macOS hosts to drive validation, characterization and debug of Apple products in both FPGA and Post-Silicon Validation environments. This work requires consistency and reliability across these macOS hosts in areas such as OS installation automation, system and software configuration, remote access management, and policy alignment with Apple security and secrecy requirements. This lead would be responsible for developing, deploying and supporting the required solutions across the multi-site lab network.
- Demonstrated experience with scripting languages such as: Bash, Python, AppleScript, Objective-C
- Knowledge of configuration management software such as, Puppet, Chef, and Ansible.
- MacOS system administration
- MacOS MDM solutions such as Jamf, SimpleMDM, MobileIron
- Package and policy distribution e.g. Autopkg, Munki
- System recovery, disk partitioning, provisioning, etc.
- Experience with provisioning UNIX-based operating environments
- Understanding of LAN/WAN networking schemes, DNS, DHCP
- Understanding of TLS certificates, secrets management automation
- Practical understanding of system security methodologies with respect to intrusion detection and backup/recovery flows
- Knowledge of instrumentation tools/techniques such as OSQuery, Splunk, and Ganglia
The Hardware Validation Lab Mac Operations Lead would be responsible for macOS hardware management, macOS re-imaging schemes to be delivered across thousands of "host" machines seamlessly across lab environments, and software configuration management where required tooling is consistently and reliably deployed across the fleet of machines. The lead would also be responsible for defining and implementing instrumentation to manage and monitor what is running across the lab host machines, restricting access to the hosts according to Apple security requirements, and restricting the software being run. All policies and capabilities would need to be implemented and driven across labs and sites within the Hardware Validation footprint.
Education & Experience
BS/MS in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent with 3+ years of relevant work experience is required
Back to top