Posted: Jun 18, 2019
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200037090
At Apple, we work every single day to craft products that enrich people's lives. Do you love working on challenges that no one has solved yet? Do you like changing the game? As a member of our dynamic group, you will have the unique and rewarding opportunity to craft upcoming products that will delight and inspire millions of Apple's customers every single day. In this role, you will be responsible for supporting an engineering team with multiple projects along with maintaining multiple engineering lab spaces. Your focus will be building, maintaining, and operating our engineering labs.
- 5+ years of experience in lab setup, management, and maintenance.
- Experience designing and assembling test fixtures and jigs.
- Experience procuring and keeping inventory of electronic parts, tools, and laboratory consumables.
- Hands-on experience with lab equipment including digital multimeter, source meter, spectrum analyzer, signal generator, oscilloscope, power supply, logic analyzer, BERT, etc.
- Working knowledge of Mac OS and Windows OS, MS Office, and TCP/IP networking.
- Scripting skills (Python preferred) is a plus.
- Flexibility and comfort working in a quickly changing environment.
- Meticulous organizational skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
• Review test equipment specs with engineers, work with vendors to get quotes, and file PO's. • Allocate benches and test equipment to engineers based on project schedule and needs. • Set up and tear down test stations and test racks as necessary. • Provide test equipment needs and forecast for budget planning. • Perform mechanical design for board frames and thermal press related mechanical items. • Board rework. Build and assemble prototypes. • Perform lab asset management duties (storage, transportation, calibration, service, and audit) and maintain the equipment database. • Train team members on specialized equipment usage and lab practices. • Monitor lab utilities such as CDA / PCW and files tickets for repair as necessary. • Work with facilities / architects to ensure safety, regulatory, and quality requirements are met. • Maintain compliance with lab certifications and local requirements.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree or equivalent in technical or vocational training is required.
Back to top