Java Engineer - Apple Online Store
Posted: Oct 11, 2019
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200013236
Imagine what you could do here.. At Apple, outstanding ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. You will work with significant and dynamic projects in support of Apple's Retail business and will deliver innovative solutions and software The Apple Online Store(AOS) is not your traditional e-commerce site. It is where iPhones, Macs, iPads and Watches are sold to tens of millions of customers each year. You love building highly scalable, distributed web applications? Do you get passionate about performance tuning java applications at the limits of memory and CPU? You love working with other highly hardworking engineers? If so, then we are looking for someone like you who is an experienced Java Developer, self starting, ambitious individual with very strong leadership and technical capabilities.
- Minimum 7 years of experience in enterprise Java development
- Possess strong foundation in Computer Science fundamentals such as data structures and algorithms
- Experienced in delivering advanced solutions for a multi-tier, distributed web application
- Experienced in crafting and implementing REST API
- Proven strong problem solving and debugging skills
- Experienced in developing applications that utilize relational databases (e.g. Oracle) and other less structured data stores (NoSQL)
- Ability to articulate the benefits of Test Driven Development, Continuous Integration
The product data systems team in AOS is looking for a highly hardworking backend engineer to design, implement and maintain a fleet of services critical to the functioning of one of the highly valued eCommerce sites in the world: http://www.apple.com
Education & Experience
Bachelor's Degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Science, or related field.
- You will benefit from having knowledge of data modeling standard methodologies using Oracle and Cassandra databases. Equally valuable is experience in building low latency service APIs, and data aggregation pipelines. Experience with product catalog management a plus.
Back to top