iPad Touch HW - Touch EE Engineer
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: Jul 9, 2020
Role Number: 200078886
The Sensor Technology team develops cutting-edge sensor solutions and technologies that are central to Apple's products. The key goal of the team is to enable the world's best user-experience through state- of-the-art sensor solutions, such as the high-precision, low-latency multi-touch and stylus sensors in the our products. New challenges arise everyday that require the sharp problem-solving skills of talented and smart individuals. The team features a collaborative and hands-on environment that fosters engineering excellence, creativity, and innovation.
- M.S. in EE or Physics related fields (PhD preferred) + 3 yrs related industry experience.
- Strong logical thought process and analytical skill set. Ability to break-down complex problems fundamental blocks that can be analyzed via understanding of electro-magnetic interactions.
- Electrical engineering background in analog and mixed-signal design, especially board-level circuits.
- Hands-on experience in system-level design.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and solid teamwork and leadership skills.
- Proficiency in FEA (Comsol, ANSYS, Maxwell) MATLAB, SPICE, or similar simulation and modeling tools.
-Sensor technology scoping and proof-of-concept investigations. -Support Product definition, Market Surveys, Competitive Analysis -Collaborate across the board, with different technology teams to evaluate the System design options & trade-offs -Cross-functional leadership, guidance and mentoring to junior engineers -Sensor & Module design and modeling -End-to-end application (sensor, signal processing, ASIC, algorithm configurations) definition & design -Oversee complete module design and execution, tracking various architectural and execution risks, schedule and inter-team collaboration -Review and/or define algorithms for various signal and noise conditioning requirements. -Design, prototyping and integration of Sensor, (rigid / flexible )PCBs and ASIC application. -Optimize design across multi-disciplinary boundaries (e.g., Mechanical, Materials, Process, FW/SW/ Algorithms, Cal /Test, Reliability, Operations) -Failure mode analysis, root cause diagnosis, and system-level problem solving. -Statistical data analysis and data mining. -Design analysis, characterization, and validation. -Business travel to support product development.
Education & Experience
M.S. in EE or Physics related fields (PhD preferred) + 3 yrs related industry experience.
Back to top