iOS/macOS Automation Engineer
- San Diego, CA
Posted: Apr 21, 2021
Role Number: 200178730
The iOS/macOS QA team is seeking an Automation Engineer to help us ensure that iOS and macOS releases continue to be stable, reliable, and bug-free. As a member of our fast-paced group, you will work with groundbreaking technology while enhancing our testing capabilities for new features. You will have a unique and rewarding opportunity to help plan and shape upcoming products that will delight and inspire millions of Apple's customers every day.
- 3+ years developing UI automation, preferably in Apple frameworks such as XCTest.
- Strong programming skills in Python, Swift, and Bash.
- Experience with Git and codebase management.
- Excellent knowledge and experience with test methodologies (unit testing, integration testing, performance testing, functional testing, etc).
- Strong passion for quality assurance in software, including experience in finding, investigating, and fixing bugs.
- Experience with developing test strategies, including writing test plans, test cases, custom tools, and testing architectures.
- Ability to investigate, debug and triage difficult problems both independently and cooperatively.
- Highly organized, creative, motivated, and passionate about achieving results.
- Creative thinker and strong problem solver with meticulous attention to detail.
- An enthusiasm for user-focused design & high-quality products.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to facilitate close interaction with development teams, management, and other organizations within Apple.
This position requires a motivated, highly technical engineer to create, maintain, and expand automated UI testing for iOS and macOS. You will help drive our testing capabilities for iOS and macOS, as well as triage the results to find any and all software bugs present before the software ships to customers.
Education & Experience
BA/BS in Computer Science or equivalent professional experience
- Familiarity with REST APIs
- Experience testing iOS and macOS, finding bugs, and filing bugs
- Experience developing with the iOS or macOS SDKs
Back to top