iOS WiFi Power Engineer
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: May 6, 2020
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200079779
Are you passionate about making battery life phenomenal on devices that are used by millions of people? If this describes you, we would love to hear from you! In role, you will be challenged to learn Apple's latest features and technologies to ensure they ship with extraordinary battery life. You will dive into how different features and system services are designed, and work with multi- functional teams to the energy efficiency of their code. We constantly look to improve on energy efficiency, and are always finding ways to safeguard our customer's battery life experience while we provide 3rd party developers a rich platform to develop advanced features. Every ounce of energy you save million of users and devices, resulting in a greener earth! The success we are striving will be the result of very skilled people working in an environment which cultivates creativity, partnership, and thinking of old problems in new ways. If that sounds like the kind of environment that you find intriguing, then let's talk.
- 3+ years of industry experience
- Experience working with many cross-functional teams
- Embedded hardware experience/understanding
- Deep understanding of operating system concepts
- Strong understanding of 802.11 WiFi, Bluetooth and other PAN protocols and end to end software stack for WiFi features such as WiFi direct, Miraacst etc.
- Good understanding of networking concepts
- Strong system level understanding
- Strong coding skills, preferably in C/C++/Objective C
- Excellent debugging skills to solve challenging problems
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills
You will be working closely with cross-functional teams in company to optimize WiFi and Bluetooth sub-system power in future products. To be successful in this role, you must have a keen interest in understanding how things work end to end, and be able to think of innovative solutions to improve battery life, while always delivering great end user experience. This role will require a strong systems background, a good sense for software architecture, and strong debug/triage skills.
Education & Experience
B.S., M.S., or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering
Back to top