iOS Software EPM - Sensing & Connectivity
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: Oct 21, 2020
Role Number: 200201145
Why Apple? We live in a mobile and device driven world where knowledge of the physical world around us is needed. We rely on this knowledge to get around, to learn about our environment and to enable spectacular new features for custom applications. Apple is meeting those needs as robustly and as creatively as possible and is interested in people who want to help meet that commitment. The success we are striving will be the result of very skilled people working in an environment which cultivates creativity, partnership, and thinking of old problems in new ways. If that sounds like the kind of environment that you find intriguing, then let's talk. The OS Software Engineering Program Office is looking for an experienced project manager to help us build the next generation of features enabled by Motion technologies. In this role you will partner with the Sensing & Connectivity SW engineering org which delivers a variety of impactful features - Spatial Audio, Audio Sharing, Automatic Switching for AirPods, Exposure Notifications for contact tracing, Fall detection & VO2 max alerts, Workout calorimetry, Mac auto-unlock, 911 location services to name a few. As a self-motivated teammate who thrives in a dynamic, constantly changing environment, passionate about building phenomenal products and learning new technologies, this is the job for you.
- Prior experience and consistent track record leading and shipping multiple complex software projects simultaneously
- Solid knowledge of software development practices
- Experience driving and delivering critical project features which involve integration with multiple different teams
- Collaboration: You are able to fit in well with a team, understand capabilities and priorities
- Ability to communicate aspects of the project and filter messaging based on the target audience
- Deeply curious about new ideas
- Comfortable with working through ambiguity and unafraid to ask the hard questions to make forward progress
- An intuition for good product sense and user experience
In this role, you will drive large, cross-functional programs and feature areas in CoreMotion related to AR/VR experiences, specifically related to frameworks and system experiences. This requires partnering with engineering management to facilitate all aspects of projects: Define, schedule, prioritize, track, proactively manage and communicate status of projects. You will lead efforts across teams representing multiple layers of the software stack as well as other cross-functional partners in areas such as human interface design, hardware, firmware, marketing and other organizations within Apple. Strong written and verbal communication is key as you drive projects forward, prioritize work, facilitate the removal of obstacles and escalate risks.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree or equivalent industry experience in a related discipline (e.g. EE, ME, etc.) required.
- AR/VR ToolKits
- Machine Learning/Algorithms
- Embedded system development
Back to top