iOS Software Engineer, Siri Advanced Development
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: Apr 7, 2020
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200127057
The Siri Advanced Development Group (ADG) is looking for an exceptional software engineer who is passionate about incubating and deploying innovative technologies and features to millions of Apple users. As the research and development arm of Siri, ADG's charter is to prototype next generation experiences and capabilities by tightly coupling state-of-the-art core technologies to the user interface. You will work across the full stack in the Apple ecosystem and on next generation and prototype hardware. We are looking for ambitious, strongly technical and creative team players. Because of the nature of the work, candidates should be comfortable with uncertainty, taking calculated risks and failing fast.
- Excellent algorithm and data structure skills (time and space complexity analysis, optimization, etc)
- Expertise in Objective C, C/C++ at both the systems level and application level
- Experience building libraries, frameworks, and command-line tools and/or web services and protocols
- Excellent interpersonal and collaboration skills
- B.S. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Statistics, Physics or related fields
If hired, you will work with a passionate, product-focused team to ideate, rapidly prototype, and ship next-generation Siri experiences. To succeed, you must be a proactive and determined problem solver with proven ability to work across multiple code bases, teams and organizations. You must enjoy crafting compelling experiences, writing elegant code and applying innovative new technologies in the service of human-centered design. This position offers the right person a chance to play an important role in the next revolution in machine learning and human-computer interaction. You will contribute to a product that is redefining computing. You will be part of a team that's creating groundbreaking conversational assistant technologies for both large scale systems and new client devices. You will work with the people who created the intelligent assistant that already helps millions of people get things done. You will be working in the Siri Advanced Development Group, at Apple.
Education & Experience
M.S. or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Statistics, Physics or related field.
- Experience developing shipping commercial software
- Demonstrated ability to quickly learn and modify large, existing code bases
- Skill in efficiently implementing algorithms published in technical papers
- Enthusiasm for learning and applying machine learning and data science
- Knowledge of Apple's development APIs (UIKit, Audio frameworks, Telephony frameworks, signal processing, etc.) and design principles
Back to top