iOS Power Engineer
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: Sep 17, 2020
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200190101
Are you interested in making battery life great on devices that are used by millions of people? Do you enjoy solving challenging problems? Do you feel comfortable working with many cross-functional teams in a fast paced and dynamic environment? If this describes you, we would love to hear from you! In this role, you will constantly be challenged to learn Apple's latest features and technologies to ensure they ship with extraordinary battery life. You will dive into how different features and system services are designed, and work with multi- functional teams to the energy efficiency of their code. We constantly look to improve on energy efficiency, and are always finding ways to safeguard our customer's battery life experience while we provide 3rd party developers a rich platform to develop advanced features. Every ounce of energy you save million of users and devices, resulting in a greener earth!
- Strong System and SoC level understanding
- Good coding skills, preferably in C/C++/Objective C
- Excellent debugging skills to solve significant problems
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills
- Good understanding of networking concepts
We are looking for motivated engineer with excellent problem solving and interpersonal skills. In this role, you'll work with cross-functional teams to optimize power across all layers of software stack for features in next generation iOS devices like iPhone, iPad and Watch. To be successful in this role, you must have a keen interest in understanding how things work end to end, and be able to think of innovative solutions to improve battery life, while always delivering great end user experience. It will also require a strong systems background, a good sense for software architecture, and strong debug/triage skills.
Education & Experience
B.S., M.S., or Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent
- Preferred skills and experience:
- - Mobile systems experience/understanding
- - Experience working with many cross-functional teams
- - Good understanding of one or more of Cellular modem or WiFi subsystem.
- - Good understanding of operating system concepts
Back to top