iOS Keyboard UI Software Engineering Manager
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: Jun 25, 2020
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200134343
With billions of messages typed everyday, the keyboard is among the most frequently used pieces of software on the planet. Our team makes that happen! The Keyboard team is responsible for the text input experience across iPhone, iPad, Mac, and Apple TV, and we are constantly exploring new innovations to make the text input experience better and also reach all our customers around the world who use many different languages. We believe in shipping innovative, high-quality experiences like QuickType, QuickPath, Password AutoFill, and Live Conversion, all while preserving the user's privacy.
- Extensive experience with UI development and design iteration
- Deep passion for the field of Keyboard & Text Input
- Experience in shipping high quality software products, especially on iOS or macOS
- Experience with managing and growing a team of talented engineers
- Experience with UI development (preferably on Apple's platforms) and design iteration.
- Experience with managing and growing a team of talented engineers.
- Ability to thrive in a collaborative environment, including clear communication while driving multiple projects across many teams.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where the product definition can change over the course of the development cycle.
- Understanding of the challenges encountered in making a global product that needs to work for customers all around the world who use different languages and have different customs.
The Keyboard team is looking for a leader who will help shape the experience for nearly every single customer who uses an Apple product, whether it be an iPhone or a MacBook. Daily duties will include working with cross-functional teams to drive Keyboard features to support new initiatives such as new hardware, ship high-quality software, be responsive to emerging issues, as well as developing a vision for the future of the product. We're looking for an engineering manager who will work together with their team in terms of working inside the codebase to not only make a positive impact on our users' typing experience, but also ensure that we're laying down a strong technical foundation for the future.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent experience
Back to top