iOS Embedded BringUp Engineer
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: Oct 2, 2019
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200106578
Are you a big-picture thinker who loves setting ambitious goals? Do you have a passion for understanding how each line of code affects all the others? In the Core Operating Systems group, you will ensure the OS is inseparable from each device's identity as a whole. That's because this group is committed to building fully integrated operating systems that combine hardware, software, and apps into a single Apple experience. Your dedication to cross-disciplinary collaboration will help develop groundbreaking technologies, such as iOS, macOS, watchOS, and tvOS. By crafting these distinct, holistic user experiences, you'll continue to uphold and advance the excellence people expect from Apple devices. The Embedded Platform Bring-up team within Apple's CoreOS organization is looking for an extraordinary software engineer to work on state-of-the art technology, debug, and bring-up of next generation iOS devices. We work on a core technology for Apple. In this role you will have the opportunity to make a major impact in the way that Apple develops and ships iOS based products. Our working environment fosters product innovation, rapid product iteration, and a liberating amount of autonomy.
- A genuine passion for embedded development
- Highly proficient in C/C++
- Familiarity with various bus protocols
- Experience with JTAG and other debuggers
- Previous experience writing embedded device drivers
- Previous experience with platform bring-up or porting of operating systems
- Previous exposure to hardware and processor simulation
- Extensive knowledge of hardware platforms & processor architectures
- Proven creative, critical thinking and troubleshooting skills
- Highly professional, with the ability to deliver proven work on tight schedules
- Excellent collaborative skills
- Outstanding written and verbal communication
Work with multi-functional teams to support product requirements for the iPhone/iPad/AppleWatch/AppleTV Bring-up, verification, and debug of new hardware platforms. Develop firmware and drivers. Drive product features and functional/industry specifications. Participate in specification of hardware platforms.
Education & Experience
Master's (preferred) or Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in computer science or a related field.
Back to top