Posted: Dec 14, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200209611
Apple's Interactive Media Group (IMG) provides the media, Display and graphics software foundation across all of Apple's innovative products, from iPhone, iPad, Mac, to Apple TV, iTunes, and Mac OS X, as well as Apple's professional and consumer applications from Final Cut and Aperture to iLife and iWork. IMG drives Apple's media experiences with core technologies such as Metal, QuickTime, OpenGL, OpenCL, Core Audio, Quartz Composer, Core Video, Core Animation, and more.
- Proven programming skills and knowledge of C/C++
- Development experience on Unix, Linux, or macOS
- Software design, problem solving and debugging skills
- Experience using and implementing general operating system concepts and strong kernel-mode device driver development skills
- Experience with systems engineering or low-level hardware & firmware/ driver programming
The Graphics Acceleration Software team within IMG delivers the software for GPU, display, power-management, content-protection, and other technologies for Apple's existing and future iOS and macOS products. We are looking for an outstanding, driven, diligent and dedicated engineer to join the team. The successful candidate will be a high-energy problem solver with a passion for excellence and quality and a track record for getting the job done. We are looking for people who are excellent colleagues to collaborate with and who also work well on individual assignments.
Education & Experience
Technical BS/MS degree or Equivalent Experience.
- Nice to have:
- Knowledge of scaling, filtering and video formats
- Knowledge of display technology
- Experience with embedded systems
- Experience with parallel and asynchronous processing
- Experience with HW bring up and debugging