Instrumentation & Test Development Engineer
Posted: Jan 8, 2020
Role Number: 200139423
The touch technology team features a collaborative environment with creative, smart people, world-class products and cutting edge technologies. The team features opportunities for individuals to contribute across a wide spectrum of disciplines. Best in class engineering excellence and thoroughness is expected and encouraged. Learning and building of skill-sets is highly encouraged. Invention, IP and patent creation is expected and supported. Pushing the envelope to design and ship innovative products with best-in-class technologies and user experiences is the main goal of the touch technology team at Apple.
- The ideal candidate will have 3+ years of test development experience,
- EE background with hands on exposure on SW. (C/C++, scripting language)
- Familiar with using and programming bench top instrumentations like Oscilloscopes, power suppliers, network analyzers, source meters etc
- Familiar with communication protocols like TCP/IP, GPIB IEEE, RS232, USB
- Experienced working on test handlers, sockets, fixtures. Understanding Mechanical Engineering concepts especially related to test handlers/probers is a plus.
- Understanding of computer vision and image processing methodologies are desirable.
- Ability to perform failure analysis using scientific method and experimental process
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to understand and perform statistical data analysis
- Able to travel internationally 30% of the time.
This individual will play a key role in architecting, specifying, designing, developing and launching our touch technology product characterization and production Instrumentation. Candidate will be responsible for, • Hardware validation and characterization • Authoring sensor technology Instrumentation software engineering requirements documents. • Prototyping, bring-up, debug and characterization testers for Apple new products • Preparing and deliver presentations • Production instrumentation software creation and roll-out to suppliers • Supplier liaison, including supporting instrumentation bring up and qualification at engineering builds, usually in Asia. • Defect root cause analysis and resolution, including diligent bug database tracking
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or related field.
Meet Some of Apple's Employees
Every Apple Store is designed to engage its local community, and no one understands this more than Consuela. She motivates her team to engage with customers in new and exciting ways.
Back to top